Verizon Ashburn Campus
BUILDING SEPARATION & ENCAPSULATION STUDY
- In 2011, Verizon wanted to explore the possibility of selling the A and B-Pods on their Ashburn campus and we were tasked to provide a detailed analysis of the separation of the B-Pod buildings and A-Pod land.
- The pods consisted of a data center, five parking garages, and a contiguous main campus building.
- Our report summarized existing building conditions, evaluated site issues related to the sale including security concerns and parking availability, and detailed how the B-Pods should be physically separated.
- In order to sell the property, the B-Pod had to be classified as a separate building from the rest of the campus, even though it is physically connected.
- Verizon Corporate Real Estate commissioned this report to further evaluate the potential sale of the B-Pod buildings and A-Pod land to a buyer.