CONDENSER WATER SYSTEM
- We advise. Our client initially hired our team to study the building’s condenser water system for a kind for kind replacement project. Based on the study, our recommendation was to consolidate the existing two condenser water systems to operate as one system in order to save on construction and operating costs.
- We developed 3D scans of the existing mechanical penthouse and cooling tower enclosures to create the backgrounds and existing conditions in Revit.
- We design. We engineered a new cooling tower system and replaced all the self-contained units throughout the building.
- We included an open loop/closed loop condenser water (CW) system with a 3-cell cooling tower, primary CW pumps, a cooling tower filtration system, two heat exchangers, secondary CW pumps, and 20 new self-contained systems throughout the entire facility.
- Environmental savings. We engineered a new water softening system for the cooling towers that reduces the building’s water usage by 9M gallons per year.
- We construct. We managed the construction process, during which our team installed a temporary cooling tower and temporary pump system, installed the new towers, and coordinated a building outage and utility maintenance for the incoming electrical service maintenance.