AstraZeneca Energy Savings
ENERGY SAVING STUDIES
- We were hired by AstraZeneca to perform an assessment for eight separate campus buildings (three lab buildings and five office buildings) in their Gaithersburg, MD campus.
- We performed site surveys to assess existing equipment and operations in order to highlight any potential energy saving measures that AstraZeneca could implement to reduce their energy usage.
- We used Trace to establish a baseline energy model for each building and to assess how much energy would be saved for each of the measures.
- We recommended space temperature setback during unoccupied hours, static pressure reset during periods of low demand and supply air temperature reset in the offices during unoccupied hours.
- These modifications in controls resulted in energy savings in the campus buildings between 18% and 29% and a savings of over $1,000,000 in just one year for AstraZeneca.