- We advise, design and construct. We provided design/build services, preconstruction and construction services at Catalent’s BioPark site for a renovation of an existing laboratory space.
- Our team was brought in during the conceptualization stage to create the design documents and concurrently provide constructability reviews and estimating services for this project.
- The scope included demolition and construction of architectural elements, MEP systems, labs with clean and dirty corridors, airlocks with interlocked doors, balancing spaces with cascading pressures and high air changes.
- With minimal laydown area, every feature of work needed to be considered to ensure material deliveries would not take up valuable real estate.
- The overall organization of the final lab provided clean and dirty separation of spaces. The corridor was divided into two zones providing a clear separation from the three small virus labs and a large-scale virus lab to the nano lab and product development storage spaces.
- A [COVID] project challenge. Because of COVID, the general contractor had to reduce the number of people on site to minimize the risk of introducing COVID into the facility, without extending the schedule.