NOAA Satellite Operations Facility
SATELLITE OPERATIONS FACILITY
- We worked with The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to create a more collaborative and efficient work environment.
- Four project goals. In our initial meetings with the architect and the NOAA, it was clear that there were four categories for how they would like to improve their space. This included: more conference/meeting room space, more informal collaboration space, areas for individual focused work, and more meeting space outside of security.
- We converted an existing closed cafeteria space into a new Collaboration Center.
- Our team converted underground fuel oil storage tanks to an above ground 100,000 gallon storage tank system with new pumping and piping associated with it.
- Design included meeting rooms, team rooms, focus rooms and open seating areas for informal meetings and collaboration. All meeting and team rooms were equipped with wireless internet capabilities and outfitted with phones and wall monitors for conference and presentation purposes.