New MA Addresses & A Bit About Scanning
TWO NEW ADDRESSES
We have two new addresses! Say hi to us in Boston at:
374 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210
And in Wilmington, we are now at:
187 Ballardvale Street
Wilmington, MA 01887
An interesting story about our office in Wilmington: Before we started using our suite, we used a Matterport scanner to complete a reality capture of the space. Our team was interested in seeing how the area evolved as we worked on getting it ready for move-in day. The photos below show how our office transformed from the first scan to the final scan (this was scan #5) between April 5 and May 19.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Our scanning technology works by taking several photos or videos to create a fly-through of the space, allowing someone to see a room without ever stepping foot in it. For our team, to make sure we are uncompromising on delivering quality, these scans never replace our site surveys; they augment them.
Since we introduced our scanning services over five years ago, we have noticed many benefits for our clients and our team, transforming how we work. These include:
- Providing consistent measurements across all trades, across all offices, allowing us to work better as OneWB
- Realistic photos of the space allow for even better quality control in our design
- Clash detection (which helps to ensure that all MEP equipment is coordinated)
- Saves time because our team does not have to re-visit the site, which also saves money
- More efficient design because spaces can be modeled for existing conditions in Revit with Point Clouds created from each scan
While this is a general introduction to how scanning works and its benefits, our team has plenty more to share! Principal Dan Moody and Project Services Manager Jason Brooks are experts in our Reality Capture Services. Please reach out to them for more information about how scanning can help transform a space and business. To learn more about our scanning services, please visit our page here.